[openstack-dev] [neutron] Neutron agent internal data structures

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Sat Mar 7 22:02:31 UTC 2015

Hi Leo,

Every agent keeps anyway an in-memory state throughout its execution.
The agents indeed have no persistent storage - at least not in the usual
form of a database. They however rely on data other than the neutron
database.

For instance for the l2 agent, ovsdb itself is a source of information. The
agent periodically scans it to detect interfaces which are brought up or
down.
As another example the dhcp agent stores its current state a 'data'
directory (if you're using devstack it's usually
/opt/stack/data/neutron/dhcp)

Hope this helps,
Salvatore