[openstack-dev] [all][log] Log Working Group priorities

Kuvaja, Erno kuvaja at hp.com
Thu Mar 5 12:13:07 UTC 2015

Hi all,

We had our first logging workgroup meeting [1] yesterday where we agreed 3 main priorities for the group to focus on. Please review and provide your feedback:

1)      Educating the community About the Logging Guidelines spec

a.       http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/openstack-specs/specs/log-guidelines.html

b.      Please familiarize yourself with it and try to follow the pointers, fix where you see your project being off from these.

c.       If this is the first time you see this spec and you think there is something awfully off, please let us know.

2)      Cross project specs for Request IDs and Error codes

a.       There is a spec proposals in Cinder tree [2] for Request IDs and in Glance tree [3] for Error codes

b.      The cross project specs are being written on the basis of these specs adjusted with the feedback and ideas collected from wider audience at and since Paris Summit

c.       Links for the specs will be provided as soon as they are available for review

3)      Project Liaisons for Log Working Group [4]

a.       Person helping us out to implement the work items in the project

b.      No need to be core

c.       Please, no fighting for the slots. We happily take all available hands onboard on this. :)

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/log_wg/2015/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/156508/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/127482
[4] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#Logging_Working_Group