[openstack-dev] [Neutron] [QOS] Request for Additional QoS capabilities

John Joyce (joycej) joycej at cisco.com
Mon Jun 29 01:15:27 UTC 2015

Gal:
     I am also slow to jump between this and other work so I think I should be the one apologizing.  I think we are receptive to any of the approaches QoS, FWaaS or Security Groups.  I am not an expert on FWaaS but from a quick look it seemed like the FWaaS granularity was at the router level.  We would want this per neutron port (e.g. per VM port although don’t want to limit the possibility for this be per container or per bare metal port).   Allowing an aggregate across all ports of the VM would be very nice,  but not a strict requirement.   Do you see this as an issue going the FWaaS route?   Have you been making any headway getting it in there?
     One detailed comment after looking through the reviews.   Would there be any issue in adding a “reject-with-tcp-reset” option?
    The DDOS coming from a VM could be due to a virus within the VM our maybe just an overly aggressive tenant.  I know the team that runs our cloud offering has experienced an excessive connection requests coming from a VM.   I can try to get the exact scenario that triggered this.   The net is that all tenants on that host can be affected,  especially with an OVS based vswitch.
         John