[openstack-dev] [all] Any other downstream developers having problems with pbr?

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Jun 26 12:29:34 UTC 2015

On 06/26/2015 07:24 AM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015, at 04:01 AM, Matthew Booth wrote:
>> I wrote this:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/195983/1/tools/de-pbr.py,cm
>>
>> Ideally we'd fix PBR, but this seems to be expected behaviour. Thoughts?
>>
> Use the PBR_VERSION env var [1], it exists so that downstreams can
> assert a specific version. The important bit from the docs is "all
> version calculation logic will be completely skipped and the supplied
> version will be considered absolute".

I agree with Clark - and it seems you abandoned the patch - so awesome.

Additionally though - we discussed all the way back in Atlanta about
adding a feature to pbr to generate a static setup.py at sdist time, so
that pbr is a thing you only need if you're working from git ... which
means it might be a fun thing to rework your script into a pbr patch -
although obviously for a slightly different outcome.