[openstack-dev] [oslo] About app-agnostic-logging-parameters

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 04:14:57 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:

> The goal is to set up the default log format string to be the same in
> all projects, and have the context class provide application-specific
> values. So nova might set an instance as the resource but neutron might
> set a network or port as the resource. The deployer would still be able
> to rearrange the format string as they want, and always use the name
> "resource" in the location where they want the UUID of the thing being
> operated on.

Hi, Doug,

We(Mistral team) have a need to log more resources at the same time, I
am thinking about how to solve it with oslo.log module without
duplicate effort, let me explain:

In Mistral, there will be a workflow, consists of many tasks in it,
when the workflow is executed, we need to track the workflow and all
its tasks status in logs. So, we need to print workflow-id and task-id
in one line of log, e.g.

2015-06-26 04:09:50.326 19492 INFO
[c79b656f-f57f-4761-a270-138ee2417e54]
[c7635974-f57f-4761-a270-138ee241qefd] Task 'my_task' status change
[WAITING -> RUNNING]

the first is workflow-id, the other is task-id.

So, Doug, any suggestion?

--
Regards!