[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Ceph Public Network Setting

Zhou Zheng Sheng / 周征晟 zhengsheng at awcloud.com
Thu Jun 25 03:01:33 UTC 2015

Hello Andrew,

I did some similar modifications in Fuel 6.0 as [1][2]. However in [3]
it says Ceph monitor have to run on the public network.

In the file "deployment/puppet/ceph/manifests/conf.pp", we can see it
calls 'ceph-deploy new ${::hostname}:${::internal_address}'.
In "deployment/puppet/ceph/manifests/mon.pp", it calls 'ceph-deploy mon
create ${::hostname}:${::internal_address}'.

After we set Ceph public network to OpenStack storage network, Ceph
monitor still runs on management network. I also see in QEMU command
line, it connects to Ceph via management network IP address. Though this
setup does not follow the rule suggested in [3], it probably works
because Ceph monitor only provides PG location information, and then
QEMU should talk to OSDs directly using the storage network addresses.

That's why I didn't take your patches as-is. I meant to setup a Fuel 6.1
environment and test the modifications before I can give an accurate
comment.

[3]
http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/network-config-ref/#monitor-ip-tables