[openstack-dev] [all] inoculate your project against namespace package changes

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Jun 24 20:50:39 UTC 2015

Many of you are aware that I’m still working through the Oslo libraries, removing the ‘oslo’ namespace package in favor of library-specific names like ‘oslo_config’. If you’re not, you’ll find details in the blueprint [1].

I have been submitting patches to projects as I find the old import styles, but the number of official projects keeps growing and many stackforge projects need to be updated, too. So, if you would like to prepare your project for the coming backwards-incompatible releases of Oslo libraries, you can use the script I have been using [2] to prepare the patch yourself before I get to your project. It’s simple to run, and the reviews are easy, so it shouldn’t take any time to land the changes you’ll need. We could race!

Let me know if you run into trouble, and I’ll help clear things up.

Doug

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo-incubator/+spec/remove-namespace-packages
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/195263/