[openstack-dev] [cinder][stable] Cinder client broken in Juno

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jun 24 12:44:44 UTC 2015

Mike Perez wrote:
> Two options:
>
> 1) Revert version discovery which was introduced in Kilo for Cinder client.
>
> 2) Grant exception on backporting [4] a patch that helps with this
> problem, and introduces a config option that does not change default
> behavior. I'm also not sure if this should be considered for Icehouse.

I think both options are possible -- this issue is significant enough
that I would grant it a backport exception.

But given that there are a lot of pre-Juno clouds out there and people
should be able to use the latest client on them, I think we should bite
the bullet and fix it completely rather than partially... so I'd pick
option 1.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)