[openstack-dev] [Ironic] weekly subteam status report

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 14:25:30 UTC 2015

Hi,

Happy June Solstice! Things are warming up in Ironic-land. Following is the
subteam report for Ironic. As usual, this is pulled directly from the
Ironic whiteboard[0] and formatted.

Bugs (dtantsur)
============
As of Mon, 22 Jun 15:30 UTC (diff since 15 Jun, no diff for Nova bugs for
now):
- Open: 151 (-8). 5 new (0), 48 in progress (-3), 0 critical (0), 10 high
(-2) and 10 incomplete (-2)
- Nova bugs with Ironic tag: 23. 0 new, 0 critical, 0 high

Bug dashboard (http://ironic-bugs.divius.net/) seriously revamped:
- shows stats for nova bugs with "ironic" tag
- shows confirmed bugs, as they ideally also require triaging
- new glamour design

Neutron/Ironic work (jroll)
===================
this review has rough consensus from the subteam, needs ironic-specs core
review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/187829/

this has an update coming, will need ironic-specs core review
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/188528/

Oslo (lintan)
==========
Oslo team sent a request to all OpenStack Projects to finish below things:
- sync oslo-incubator -- Ironic has done it recently
- extend own RequestContext from oslo.context -- implemented
- Use oslo-config-generator -- implemented
- adopt new libraries if necessary: futurist, automaton &
oslo.versionedobjects -- in progress

Doc (pshige)
==========
start trying to improve Ironic docs with docs team
- http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-docs/2015-June/006990.html

Inspector (dtantsur)
===============
python-ironic-inspector-client released for the first time:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-announce/2015-June/000370.html
- switching our driver to using it exclusively:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/193176/

ironic-discoverd 1.0 branch to be discontinued, ironic-inspector 2.0.0 to
be released as soon as we stop moving things around
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic-inspector/+milestone/2.0.0 has a rough
TODO list

Bifrost (TheJulia)
=============
Presently on implmenting support for operating systems aside from Ubuntu,
mainly Centos/RHEL.

A number of reviews have been posted to switch Bifrost's use path over to a
flexible dynamic inventory, which will provide greater use flexibility.

Drivers
======

iRMC (naohirot)
---------------------
https://review.openstack.org//#/q/owner:+naohirot%2540jp.fujitsu.com+status:+open,n,z

process has been iterated enough to reach acceptable level of quality.
- iRMC Virtual Media Deploy Driver
    bp/irmc-virtualmedia-deploy-driver
    bp/non-glance-image-refs
    bp/automate-uefi-bios-iso-creation
    bp/local-boot-support-with-partition-images
    bp/whole-disk-image-support
    bp/ipa-as-default-ramdisk

- Enhance Power Interface for Soft Reboot and NMI
    bp/enhance-power-interface-for-soft-reboot-and-nmi

- iRMC out of band inspection
    bp/ironic-node-properties-discovery

Until next week,
--ruby