[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] can we get ceilometermiddleware to use a config file instead of transport_url?

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Tue Jun 23 08:21:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, 22 Jun 2015, gord chung wrote:

> what's 'long form transport'?
>
> it's not actually using cfg.CONF. to figure out transport url if not present.
> cfg.CONF passed in has nothing set and is basically just a bunch of
> defaults... the url obviously doesn't have a default so ceilometermiddleware
> will fail if you don't pass in a url.

cfg.CONF contains the config instructions from the filter factory, it
is being passed to messaging.get_transport, along with url=

The originating issue is that get_request_url in
devstack:lib/rpc_backend is insufficient because it returns a url.
Since "we" are already in charge of writing the lines in the filter
factory config, can't we write whatever is necessary there?

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent