[openstack-dev] [nova] Stuck on VIF plugin script?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 14:11:11 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 11:28:35AM +0100, Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com wrote:
> ‎It seems like we're possibly stuck now on the VIF plugin script spec [1]; there being core comments in apparently conflicting directions. I wonder if it's still feasible for a version of this to land during Liberty?

> I plan to reread everyone's comments and see if ‎I can propose a way forward - but thought I'd circulate this email first in case anyone wants to say that it's already too late...
>
> If VIF plugin script doesn't happen this cycle, can we continue
> processing VIF type additions/changes/deletions in the traditional way?

This is a possibility, but I really want us to do everything within our
power to avoid continuing with the status quo in Liberty, as it is not
really making anyone happy.  If we make a strong push, I think we can
get a better solution done for Liberty, even if it means we need a spec
freeze exception request.

Regards,
Daniel