[openstack-dev] V3 Authentication for swift store

Jamie Lennox jamielennox at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 01:26:46 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

So the sessions work is built on, and is modelled after requests.Session. It consists of two parts, the session which is your transport object involving things like CA certs, verify flags etc and an auth plugin which is how we can handle new auth mechanisms. Once coupled the interface looks very similar to a requests.Session with get(), post(), request() etc methods, with the addition that requests are automatically authenticated and things like the service catalog are handled for you. I wrote a blog post a while back which explains many of the concepts[2].

The fastest way I could see including Sessions into swiftclient would be to create new Connection and HttpConnection objects. Would this be something swift is interested in? I didn't mean to offend when saying that you didn't want to put any more time into the client, there was a whole session in Paris about how the client had problems but it was just going to limp along until SDK was ready. Side note, i don't know how this decision will be affected based on Vancouver conversations about how SDK may not be suitable for service->service communications.

Regarding service tokens, we have an auth plugin that is passed down from auth_token middleware that will include X-Service-Token in requests which I think swiftclient would benefit from.

Jamie

[2] http://www.jamielennox.net/blog/2014/09/15/how-to-use-keystoneclient-sessions/