[openstack-dev] [Keystone][OSC] Keystone v3 user create --project $projid does not add user to project?

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 13:25:43 UTC 2015

On 06/18/2015 06:43 AM, Raildo Mascena wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> In Keystone, Domains are the container of users, so a user belongs to
> a domain and you can grant role assignments for projects.
>
> With this call that you made, you will set the project default to this
> user, after that you need to grant a role for this user in this project.
>
> So, you can do:* openstack role add --user USER_NAME --project
> TENANT_ID ROLE_NAME*
> *
> *
> and after that, you can verify if the assignment works
> doing:* openstack role list --user USER_NAME --projec TENANT_ID*
> *
> *
> You can find more information about this
> here:**http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide-admin/manage_projects_users_and_roles.html or
> find us on #openstack-keystone

Yes, I realize that.

My issue was that in going from Keystone v2.0 to v3, openstack user
create --project $project changed behavior - in v2.0, openstack user
create --project $project adds the user as a member of the $project.  I
wanted to know if this was 1) intentional behavior in v2.0 2)
intentionally removed in v3.  I'm trying to make puppet-keystone work
with v3, while at the same time making sure all of the existing puppet
manifests work exactly as before.  Since this has changed, I had to work
around it, by making the puppet-keystone user create function also add
the user to the project.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/174976/24/lib/puppet/provider/keystone_user/openstack.rb