[openstack-dev] [nova][ceilometer] proposal to send bulk hypervisor stats data in periodic notifications

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Thu Jun 18 01:57:19 UTC 2015

not familiar/smart enough to comment on design within Nova but i'm very
much in favour if this is possible. the polling option in Ceilometer was
always a means to get information not readily available via notifications.

that said, i don't think we can completely do away with polling. i'm
aware of some cases where in addition to polling for measurements, some
users leverage the polling agent as a means of performing health checks
as well but the less load our polls generate the better.

--
gord