[openstack-dev] [puppet][murano] Developing puppet module for Murano

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 14:03:26 UTC 2015

On 06/17/2015 09:50 AM, Serg Melikyan wrote:
> Thank you for sharing link to list of things that new module should
> satisfy to! It will be really helpful even if list will change over
> time. At least we have pointers how to start making our module
> compliant.
>
> Regarding figuring out permissions - I don't mind if we will set
> puppet-core as group responsible for the repository, I believe that
> through contributing Murano module authors will get enough
> creditability to be included to the puppet-core. This will help to
> ensure that module is developed according all rules of Puppet
> OpenStack Community and nothing will be merged that does not satisfy
> adopted way of doing things. Emilien, if you agree with this approach
> I will send appropriate change to review.

I like Monty's proposal.

I propose:
* Move the module under the big tent
* Adding Puppet OpenStack group part of core permissions
* Keep Puppet Murano folks part of core permissions for now
* Do not merge a patch without at least one review from both groups
* Collaborate to make the module compliant
* When the module is compliant, we only keep Puppet OpenStack group
managing the module, like it's done for other modules.