[openstack-dev] [OpenStack] OpenStack Diversity Working Group - Meeting Information
Barrett, Carol L
carol.l.barrett at intel.com
Tue Jun 16 22:34:43 UTC 2015
The initial meeting for this work group will be: Friday, June 19, 2015 at 18:00 UTC, on IRC: #openstack-meeting
The Agenda is:
* Mission Discussion and definition of Diversity
* Discuss proposal to engage a Consultant/Coach to assist this work group
* Review proposed work plan, gather feedback, and owners
* Next Steps
o Meeting Frequency
o Interest/Need for alternating times to make the meetings globally accessible
Moving forward we'll use the foundation at lists.openstack.org<mailto:foundation at lists.openstack.org> mail list for work group discussions and meeting communications.
From: Sousou, Imad [mailto:imad.sousou at intel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 1:28 PM
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org; community-owner at lists.openstack.org; openstack at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-dev] OpenStack Diversity Working Group
Stackers - We're happy to announce the creation of a Diversity Working Group. The genesis for this work group was a discussion at the May meeting of the OpenStack Board of Directors ahead of the Vancouver Summit.
The Board is committed to fostering an inclusive and welcoming place for all people to collaborate to drive innovation and design cutting-edge data center capabilities, while finding the best answers to our most pressing challenges. To achieve this, the Board formed this Work Group to determine what actions are required to fulfill this commitment. Three Board members volunteered to work with community members in this Work Group and bring updates/requests to the Board for discussion and action on a regular basis, starting with the July meeting.
If you're interested in joining this effort, please:
* Join the Foundation mail list to participate in discussions and shape the direction: click here<http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/foundation>
* Visit the wiki page for this work group to learn more about the charter: click here<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Diversity>
* Plan to join the kick-off IRC meeting and let us know what day/times work for you by accessing the Doodle here: click here<http://doodle.com/z85c23dtexx8qzq7>
We will send out the results of the Doodle to the mail list and look forward to working with you to foster a strong and diverse community.
Imad Sousou (Intel), Egle Sigler (Rackspace), Kavit Munshi (Aptira)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev