[openstack-dev] [puppet] (officially) deprecate stable/{grizzly, havana} branches

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Tue Jun 16 17:36:29 UTC 2015

Matt Fischer wrote:
> +1 from me for deprecation.
>
> I'd also like to know or have an official policy for future
> deprecations, such as when will we deprecate Icehouse?
>
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 9:50 AM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com
> <mailto:emilien at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Some of our modules have stable/grizzly and stable/havana branches. Some
>     of them have the CI broken due to rspec issues that would require some
>     investigation and time if we wanted to fix it.
>
>     We would like to know who plan to backport some patches in these
>     branches?
>
>     If nobody plans to do that, we will let the branches as they are now but
>     won't officially support them.
>
>     By support I mean maintaining the CI jobs green (rspec, syntax, etc),
>     fixing bugs and adding new features.
>
>     Any feedback is welcome!
>
>     Regards,
>     --
>     Emilien Macchi

I echo your +1.

Perhaps most current stable supported, -1 stable version?

In that example, once the Liberty release of modules (or a particular
module) is cut we would support Liberty and Kilo. When the same happens
for M, we would deprecate Kilo and support M and Liberty.

Stable -2 also seems sane - I don't have a good sense of how far people
are generally behind.