[openstack-dev] [all][requirements] Proposing a slight change in requirements.txt syncing output.

Joshua Harlow harlowja at outlook.com
Tue Jun 16 14:58:26 UTC 2015

Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Robert Collins's message of 2015-06-16 11:18:55 +1200:
>> At the moment we copy the global-requirements lines verbatim.
>>
>> So if we have two lines in global-requirements.txt:
>> oslotest>=1.5.1  # Apache-2.0
>> PyECLib>=1.0.7                          # BSD
>> with very different layouts
>
> Most of the inline comments for packages are license indicators that we
> started collecting a while back at someone's request. Are we actually
> using those? If not, maybe we should clean up that file and reserve
> inline comments for something we do actually care about?

Or if it really matters run
https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/master/detail.py (which I
submitted a while ago) on the requirements file/s and write out all the
detailed information to a json file (stdout from a run of this @
http://paste.openstack.org/show/295537/ with large output detailing
author information, license information ... @
http://paste.openstack.org/show/295538/). Keeping all the license +
detailed info out of the main file seems to make sense to me...