[openstack-dev] [kolla] Proposal for new core-reviewer Harm Waites

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Tue Jun 16 14:32:30 UTC 2015

Its unanimous!  Welcome to the core reviewer team Harm!

Regards
-steve

From: Steven Dake <stdake at cisco.com<mailto:stdake at cisco.com>>
Date: Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 10:48 AM
Subject: [openstack-dev] [kolla] Proposal for new core-reviewer Harm Waites

Hey folks,

I am proposing Harm Waites for the Kolla core team.  He did a fantastic job implementing Designate in a container[1] which I’m sure was incredibly difficult and never gave up even though there were 13 separate patch reviews :)  Beyond Harm’s code contributions, he is responsible for 32% of the “independent” reviews[1] where independents compose 20% of our total reviewer output.  I think we should judge core reviewers on more then output, and I knew Harm was core reviewer material with his fantastic review of the cinder container where he picked out 26 specific things that could be broken that other core reviewers may have missed ;) [3].  His other reviews are also as thorough as this particular review was.  Harm is active in IRC and in our meetings for which his TZ fits.  Finally Harm has agreed to contribute to the ansible-multi implementation that we will finish in the liberty-2 cycle.

Consider my proposal to count as one +1 vote.

Any Kolla core is free to vote +1, abstain, or vote –1.  A –1 vote is a veto for the candidate, so if you are on the fence, best to abstain :)  Since our core team has grown a bit, I’d like 3 core reviewer +1 votes this time around (vs Sam’s 2 core reviewer votes).  I will leave the voting open until June 21 0000 UTC.  If the vote is unanimous prior to that time or a veto vote is received, I’ll close voting and make appropriate adjustments to the gerrit groups.

Regards
-steve

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/182799/
[2] http://stackalytics.com/?project_type=all&module=kolla&company=%2aindependent