[openstack-dev] [Horizon] [tests] [dsvm] Tests failed because of timeout during the images upload

Timur Nurlygayanov tnurlygayanov at mirantis.com
Tue Jun 16 09:20:07 UTC 2015

Hi team,

I investigated the latest failed Horizon integration dsvm jobs [1] and
found that many of them failed because of timeouts during the upload of
image (in function 'create_image' [2]), on step '_wait_till_spinner_disappears'
[3], where we wait while 'div.*modal-backdrop*' will disappear.
In this method integration tests try to upload image by the following link
[4]:
http://download.cirros-cloud.net/0.3.1/cirros-0.3.1-x86_64-uec.tar.gz

In fact, 'div.*modal-backdrop*' exists because dashboard hags more than 10
seconds on 'loading' screen [5] during the images upload.

I tried to reproduce this on my local environment but it doesn't
reproduced, and I can't find the root of this issue based and the code
review.

Do we have ideas how we can debug and fix it? In fact, it is not issue with
Horizon integration tests, looks like it is issue with Horizon code/bugs.
Probably someone already tried to fix the issue?

Thank you!

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/157367/ ,
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/173885/ ,
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/185191/ ,