[openstack-dev] [Swift] slight restructuring of core

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Mon Jun 15 19:21:19 UTC 2015

We've slightly changed the core group in Swift. Now we have swift-core and also the new swiftclient-core. The swiftclient-core is able to merge patches in python-swiftclient but not in swift.

We've made this change so that we can more easily add people who have a dedicated focus on the client CLI/SDK. The CLI/SDK are one of the biggest barriers to adoption for Swift, so it's very important that we keep focus on it and continue to make it better. The new swiftclient-core is one way to continue to do this.

The current swift-core members are:
Alistair Coles
Christian Schwede
Clay Gerrard
Darrell Bishop
David Goetz
Greg Lange
John Dickinson
Kota Tsuyuzaki
Matthew Oliver
Michael Barton
Pete Zaitcev
Samuel Merritt
Thiago da Silva
Paul Luse

The new swiftclient-core is made up of:
swift-core
Joel Wright

I'd like to thank each of these people for their work on Swift. It's an honor to work with each of them.

--John