[openstack-dev] [fuel] Fuel API settings reference

Andrew Woodward awoodward at mirantis.com
Mon Jun 15 13:21:58 UTC 2015

I think there is some desire to see more documentation around here as there
are some odd interactions with parts of the data payload, and perhaps
documenting these may improve some of them.

I think the gaps in order of most used are:
* node object create / update
* environment networks ( the fact that metadata cant be updated kills me)
* environment settings (the separate api for hidden and non kills me)
* release update
* role add/update

After these are updated I think we can move on to common but less used
* node interface assignment
* node disk assignment

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 8:09 AM Oleg Gelbukh <ogelbukh at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Good day, fellow fuelers
>
> Fuel API is a powerful tool that allow for very fine tuning of deployment
> settings and parameters, and we all know that UI exposes only a fraction of
> the full range of attributes client can pass to Fuel installer.
>
> However, there are very little documentation that explains what settings
> are accepted by Fuel objects, what are they meanings and what is their
> syntax. There is a main reference document for API [1], but it does give
> almost no insight into payload of parameters that every entity accepts.
> Which are they and what they for seems to be mostly scattered as a tribal
> knowledge.
>
> I would like to understand if there is a need in such a document among
> developers and deployers who consume Fuel API? Or might be there is already
> such document or effort to create it going on?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Oleg Gelbukh

Andrew Woodward