[openstack-dev] [TripleO] a bad week for CI

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Sun Jun 14 17:50:40 UTC 2015

Last week was a really bad week for TripleO CI. Several breaking
changes (2 of which Fedora package related) kept at least a subset of
the jobs down for over half the week. Here is a brief summary of the
issues we hit along with links to some of the work arounds.

Fedora 21: python-address package breaks python-ipaddr
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/189745/

Puppet keystone: pki setup was broken (this revert was accepted and a
proper fix is in the works)
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/189892/

Nova: Ironic ephemeral partitions aren't present (We may need to look
for a proper "roll forward" fix for this as the breaking change fixed a
BDM bug with virt Nova drivers.... but breaks the Ironic ephemeral
partition entirely)
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/190622/

Fedora 21: keepalived package update breaks some VIPs (still need to
file a Fedora bugzilla with more details to get this package fixed)
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/191536/

If you are trying to spin up your own TripleO dev environments you will
likely need to cherry pick at least one of these in order to have a
working setup depending on if you use Fedora and are using Puppet
(which may alleviate the need for the Ironic ephemeral partition).

Dan