[openstack-dev] Getting rid of suds, which is unmaintained, and which we want out of Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Jun 14 13:46:44 UTC 2015

On 06/11/2015 11:31 PM, Nikhil Manchanda wrote:
> Hi Thomas:
>
> I just checked and I don't see suds as a requirement for trove.
> I don't think it should be a requirement for the trove debian package,
> either.
>
> Thanks,
> Nikhil

Hi,

I fixed the package and removed the Suggests: python-suds in both Trove
& Ironic. Now there's still the issue in:
- nova
- cinder
- oslo.vmware

It'd be nice to do something about them. As I mentioned, I'll do the
packaging work for anything that will replace it if needed.

FYI, I filed bugs:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.vmware/+bug/1465015
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1465016
https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1465017