[openstack-dev] Where are all the research papers?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at outlook.com
Sun Jun 14 05:51:58 UTC 2015

Out of curiosity is there any known listing of papers (like ACM style or
other) on openstack or evaluations of it that are published on a wiki or
other? Especially as the number of projects increases, I would start to
expect more articles being published, more papers and such (all of them
would be an interesting read...).

I did find one but I'm starting to wonder if there are more and if there
are not, what is stopping people from writing more? (are we not doing
enough outreach to people that would right papers?)

'On fault resilience of OpenStack'

https://kabru.eecs.umich.edu/papers/publications/2013/socc2013_ju.pdf

It'd be neat to somehow get more published articles about openstack
coming from universities somehow (even if the articles are about bugs
like in 'What Bugs Live in the Cloud?' @
http://ucare.cs.uchicago.edu/pdf/socc14-cbs.pdf). Maybe we should also
feature them on the openstack blog when/if they get published as a
showing of good faith to the article creator/researcher/other...

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

-Josh