[openstack-dev] [cinder] : DotHill FC/iSCSI Drivers ; Copyright attribution incident

Bandaru Nageswara Rao BandaruNageswara.Rao at dothill.com
Fri Jun 12 19:01:29 UTC 2015

Dear Mike

It has come to my attention that during the work done to submit code into OpenStack one of our Engineers had accidently deleted the original copyright notice thereby failing to give credit to the original authors of the code namely “Objectif Libre”. It was inadvertent and there was no intent to take away the credit from the original work.. We agree this was an oversight on our part and we take this seriously. We thank the community for detecting this and bringing it to our notice. Subsequently this has been corrected and submitted to the community for review.

We do realize that this runs contrary to the terms of our commitment to OpenStack and the Apache 2.0 Open Source License. Please be assured that we are treating this matter with utmost importance and will ensure that our contributors pay special attention to the copyright while reviewing and submitting code.

Regards

NageswaraRao Bandaru

HTC Manager -Dot Hill Systems