[openstack-dev] [puppet] [fuel] more collaboration request

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Fri Jun 12 07:31:45 UTC 2015

On 11/06/15 17:36 +0300, Matthew Mosesohn wrote:
[..]

>Secondly, I'd like to point out that Fuel is not so different from
>what other teams are doing. At the Summit, I heard from others who all
>maintain internal Gerrits and internal forks of the modules. The
>difference is that Fuel is being worked on in the open in StackForge.
>Anyone is free to contribute to Fuel as he or she wishes, take our
>patches, or review changesets.

TBH, I really dislike the fact that there are internal forks but as
long as they are kept internal, I don't really care.

It's not correct to just copy/paste code, sure, but at least they are
not making it publicly consumable with the wrong attributions.

I do prefer (and I believe Emiliem does as well) to have Fuel in the
open, which is - I'd guess - why this thread was started in the first
place. Finding a solution to the issues stated in Emiliem's email
would certainly help.

None of this is meant as an accusation, I'm just making a point in
favor of improving the collaboration between both teams because you're
all doing an amazing job.

Cheers,
Flavio

--