[openstack-dev] [api] [Nova] [Ironic] [Magnum] Microversion guideline in API-WG

Adrian Otto adrian.otto at rackspace.com
Fri Jun 12 01:41:10 UTC 2015

+1

On Jun 11, 2015, at 4:52 PM, Rochelle Grober <rochelle.grober at huawei.com<mailto:rochelle.grober at huawei.com>> wrote:

Just want to add that for logging purposes, consistency, as Devananda explains and Adrian and Sean agree, is really important. The number of fields in a header response should be consistent.  If the field is not always used, a placeholder should be put in (usually a “-“ in logs).  Makes parsing these things much easier.

Thanks for both consistency and for specific instance related info in the message bodies.  The operators also appreciate this.

--Rocky