[openstack-dev] [neutron][L3] L3 routed network segments

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Thu Jun 11 12:16:30 UTC 2015

Hi Carl et al.,

I see from [1] that L3 routed network segments are on the Neutron L3
subteam's roadmap for Liberty, and I wanted to say that I'm very
interested in this work, and - if there isn't someone else already -
happy to take the lead on making it happen.

I'm aware already of several parties interested in this work, and
discussion between those parties has been proceeding at [2].  If there
is anyone else interested - i.e. in networks that are predominantly L3
routed, and/or where L2 broadcast is partitioned into subsets of the
overall network - please do take a look at that bug [2] and add your
thoughts there, or comment in response to this email.

I'm afraid I've not previously been attending L3 subteam IRC meetings -
something which I now see was a mistake! - but I plan to do that from
now on.  For today's meeting, though, I'm afraid I have to leave at the
half way point.  Therefore, if you (Carl) think it would be useful to
raise or discuss this during the meeting, I'd appreciate if that could
be scheduled during the first half hour.

Many thanks,
	Neil

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Neutron-L3-Subteam
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1458890