[openstack-dev] [murano] shellcheck all .sh scripts in murano-deployment

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jun 10 13:34:48 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-10 13:48:26 +0200 (+0200), Filip Blaha wrote:
> +1, nice idea. Shell script are not easy to review - large files, not
> covered by unit tests. Any automatic tool could be beneficial.

It's worth noting that just because your shell scripts don't have
their own validation tests doesn't mean they can't. For example see
the test-features.sh and test-functions.sh scripts in the
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/devstack-gate/ repo,
making sure we maintain a contract on things like branch fallback
logic which is easy to subtly break if not tested.
--
Jeremy Stanley