[openstack-dev] [QA] [Ironic] [Inspector] Where should integration tests for non-core projects live now? (Was: Toward 2.0.0 release)

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 08:57:06 UTC 2015

> On 06/10/2015 09:40 AM, Ken'ichi Ohmichi wrote:
>> To solve it, we have decided the scope of Tempest as the etherpad
>> mentioned.
>>
>>> Are there any hints now on where we can start with our integration tests?
>>

>> For the other projects, we are migrating the test framework of Tempest
>> to tempest-lib which is a library.
>> So each project can implement their own tests in each repository by
>> using the test framework of tempest-lib.
>

> So in my case we can start with putting test code to ironic-inspector tree
> using tempest-lib, right?

Yeah, right.
Neutron is already doing that.
maybe neutron/tests/api/ of Neutron repository will be a hint for it.

> Will it be possible to run tests on Ironic as well using plugin from
> ironic-inspector?

Yeah, it will be possible.
but I'm guessing ironic-inspector is optional and Ironic should not
depend on the gate test result of ironic-inspector.
So maybe you just need to run Ironic tests on ironic-inspector gate
tests, right?

>>> After a quick look at devstack-gate I got an impression that it's
>>> expecting
>>> tests as part of tempest:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/openstack-infra/devstack-gate/blob/master/devstack-vm-gate.sh#L600
>>>
>>> Our final goal is to have devstack gate test for Ironic and Inspector
>>> projects working together.
>>

>> We have discussed external interfaces of Tempest on the summit, so
>> that Tempest gathers tests from each project repository and runs them
>> at the same time.
>> There is a qa-spec for https://review.openstack.org/#/c/184992/
>

> Cool, thanks! Does it mean that devstack-gate will also be updated to allow
> something like DEVSTACK_GATE_TEMPEST_PLUGINS="https://github.com/..."?

Yeah, will be.
The idea of this external interface is based on DevStack's one.
I think we will be able to use it on the gate like that.

Thanks
Ken'ichi Ohmichi

---