[openstack-dev] [murano] shellcheck all .sh scripts in murano-deployment

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jun 9 20:49:14 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-09 20:40:48 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2015-06-09 22:58:15 +0300 (+0300), Kirill Zaitsev wrote:
> [...]
> > What would you say about adding a job to murano-deployment, that
> > would launch
> > shellcheck http://www.shellcheck.net/about.html against all .sh
> > files?
> [...]
>
> Ooh, that looks neat. Note we also already use
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-dev/bashate/ to do this for
> DevStack and a lot of the Infra repos. Might be worthwhile to get
> the rules from one implemented in the other or vice versa.

Er, actually since shellcheck is a static analysis tool and bashate
is a style checker, they seem entirely complimentary. Wouldn't make
sense to try to incorporate one into the other, but would
potentially be useful to run both on proposed changes.

Also, since shellcheck (0.3.3) is available in Ubuntu
trusty-backports it would be entirely reasonable to install for such
a CI job.
--
Jeremy Stanley