[openstack-dev] [oslo] oslo releasing is noisy...

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jun 9 16:31:12 UTC 2015

Victor Stinner wrote:
> Le 09/06/2015 17:50, Jordan Pittier a écrit :
>> Hi,
>> This has already been discussed here:
>> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-March/059020.html
>>
>> You can always create a filter to match these emails.
>
> Well, I'm doing "the opposite": I want to read (all) Oslo emails, so I
> move them into a dedicated folder in my mail box ;-)
>
> I like these release emails to see what changes, especially because Oslo
> releases break things sometimes ;-) It's better to stay tuned.

We are currently exploring the option to repurpose the
openstack-announce ML to be the extensive record of release
announcements. It's part of a larger plan to streamline library
releases, about which Doug should start a discussion pretty soon now.

If we did that, we'd likely post to openstack-announce with Reply-To set
to openstack-dev (so that any discussion on the recent release would
happen on the open list).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)