[openstack-dev] [packaging] Adding packaging as an OpenStack project

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Jun 4 00:01:25 UTC 2015

Hi Haikel!

On 06/03/2015 06:28 PM, Haïkel wrote:
> First, we all agree that we should move packaging recipes (to use a
> neutral term)
> and reviewing to upstream gerrit. That should *NOT* be delayed.
> We (RDO) are even willing to transfer full control of the openstack-packages
> namespace on github.

Thanks a lot! :)

FYI, I'm also for having a separate namespace, just because adding more
than 150 Git repositories at once in /openstack will be a huge mess.

I don't really mind if it's called /openstack-packages or
/openstack-pkg-deb or anything else, as long as we have consistency.

> Then, about the infra/tooling things, it looks like a misunderstanding.
> If we don't find an agreement on these topics, it's perfectly fine and
> should not prevent moving to upstream gerrit
>
> So let's break the discussion in two parts.
>
> 1. upstream gerrit shared by everyone and get this started asap
> 2. continue discussion about infra/tooling within the new project, without
> presumin the outcome.
>
> Does it look like a good compromise to you?
>
> Regards,
> H.

I agree with what you wrote above. The tooling shouldn't be a blocker
for the move to upstream Gerrit. We should decide on the tooling out of
technically sound decisions that fits a given distribution.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)