[openstack-dev] [all][infra][tc][ptl] Scaling up code review process (subdir cores)

Joshua Harlow harlowja at outlook.com
Wed Jun 3 18:45:57 UTC 2015

Soooo, just some thoughts,

If boris thinks this might help rally, why not just let him try it?

If boris (and friends) will make the needed changes to jenkins or other
to have whatever ACL format (avoid a turing complete language please)
that says who can work in what directories in the rally repo then meh,
why is this such a big deal? If it ends up not working out, oh well, if
it ends up being a trust issue in the end, oh well, live and learn right?

IMHO let boris try it, if it works out as a model for rally, more power
to him, if it doesn't, well that's how people learn, and it can then be
something that didn't work for rally. Everyone will move on, people will
have learned what didn't work, and life will go on...

It starts to feel that we have each a different model that we know and
may not want to just let another model (that may or may not work well
for rally) in. If we lived like that we'd probably all still be on
horses and still think the world is flat and that the universe revolves
around the earth.

-Josh