[openstack-dev] [keystone] [nova] [oslo] [cross-project] Dynamic Policy

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Wed Jun 3 18:44:34 UTC 2015

In the design that we have been building for a policy administration
database, we dont require a single policy in order to unify common
concepts such as hierarchical attributes and roles between the different
policies of Openstack services. This is because policies and hierarchies
are held separately and are linked via a many to many relationship. My
understanding of Adam's primary requirement was that a role hierarchy
say, should be common across all OpenStack service policies, without
this necessarily meaning you have to have one huge policy. And there is
no requirement for Keystone to own all the policies. So each service
could still own and manage its own policy, whilst having attribute
hierarchies in common.

Does this help?

regards

David