[openstack-dev] [all][infra][tc][ptl] Scaling up code review process (subdir cores)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jun 3 13:50:14 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-03 09:29:38 +0300 (+0300), Boris Pavlovic wrote:
> I will try to summarize all questions and reply on them:
>
> *- Why not splitting repo/plugins?*
>
>   I don't want to make "architectural" decisions based on "social" or
>   "not enough good tool for review" issues.
[...]

Except that reorganizing files in a repo so that you can have sane
pattern matches across them for different review subteams is
_exactly_ this. The question is really one of "do you have a
separate .git in each of the directory trees for your subteams or
only one .git in the parent directory?"
--
Jeremy Stanley