[openstack-dev] [Murano] Help needed with TOSCA support in Murano

Vahid S Hashemian vahidhashemian at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 3 00:02:39 UTC 2015

Hi Gosha,

Thank you very much for your message.

Before I can answer your question I would need to better understand how
Murano handles life-cycle operations that you mentioned.
I hope you can bear with me with these questions or point me to documents
that I need to read.

When I deploy an environment in Murano I see that a Heat stack is created
and deployed.
If later I add a new component to the environment and redeploy I see a
second stack added to stack list which seems to include only the resources
associated with the new component; as if the old components in the
environment are not touched.
Also, in the scenario you mentioned you referred to adding applications to
a running stack. It seems to me that any such update to the stack would
not require modifying the existing stack resources (except for delete).
Is this a correct observation?
Is there a scenario where an environment update would require updates to
existing components? If so how does Murano handle that case?

Thank you in advance for your insights.

Regards,