[openstack-dev] [keystone][reseller] New way to get a project scoped token by name

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 22:34:52 UTC 2015

Hi Henrique,

I don't think we need to specifically call out that we want a domain, we
should always reference the namespace as we do today. Basically, if we ask
for a project name we need to also provide it's namespace (your option #1).
This clearly lines up with how we handle projects in domains today.

I would, however, focus on how to represent the namespace in a single
(usable) string. We've been delaying the work on this for a while since we
have historically not provided a clear way to delimit the hierarchy. If we
solve the issue with "what is the delimiter" between domain, project, and
subdomain/subproject, we end up solving the usability issues with proposal
#1, and not breaking the current behavior you'd expect with implementing
option #2 (which at face value feels to be API incompatible/break of
current behavior).

Cheers,
--Morgan

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Henrique Truta <henriquecostatruta at gmail.com