[openstack-dev] [Fuel] vxlan support

Andrew Woodward xarses at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 20:26:42 UTC 2015

Samuel,

VXLAN was moved to 7.0, as you noted it won't make 6.1. Mirantis has
identified this as a high priority for 7.0 so it should get more attention
this time. However any assistance in CR / Testing is always appreciated.

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 1:38 PM Samuel Bartel <samuel.bartel.pro at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> I understand and share you point of view. The best and cleaner solution
> would  be to have the vxlan support out of the box. Unfortunatly it is not
> the case for 6.0 and I doubt this feature can be available before HCF for
> 6.1 (planned in the next upcoming days).
>  That's why in my initial message I asked if  help is needed to ship this
> feature in 7.0
>
> Having a vxlan plugin is a workaround, an ugly one, but the only
> workaround which make the job in 6.0 and 6.1.
> My actual vxlan plugin modify ml2 neutron plugin configuration in order to
> switch segmentation type to vxlan and restart neutron services or neurton
> crm ressources. The only issue, I have for  the moment is to recreate net04
> network and corresponding subnet as you can't redefine an already defined
> resource in puppet.

The plugin tasks run as separate puppet jobs so they are not bound by this
restriction. Going forward with granular tasks, this will only be a problem
within the specific task.