[openstack-dev] [packaging] Adding packaging as an OpenStack project

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jun 2 13:13:08 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-02 12:39:30 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> Well, my point is those repos are already cached on every worker in
> /opt/git (e.g., /opt/git/openstack/nova) and you can git clone, cp
> or rsync those into your package build chroot. Then git remote
> set-url, update and reset --hard to the branch you want
[...]

Better still, we also preinstall a /usr/zuul-env/bin/zuul-cloner
utility on all the workers which understands how to find those local
caches, update them and reset them to the change(s) being tested for
you based on environment variables passed into the build from our
CI. An example use can be seen at
where diskimage-builder functional tests are integrating and
validating potential changes from two repos (diskimage-builder and
dib-utils).
--
Jeremy Stanley