[openstack-dev] [keystone]Why not common definition about normal HTTP status code like 2xx and 3xx?

samuel samuel at lsd.ufcg.edu.br
Tue Jun 2 11:11:19 UTC 2015

Hi Chenhong Liu,

encapsulated into the WSGI application, Keystone is architecturally
organized as follows:

Application <-> Router <-> Controller <-> Manager <-> Driver

The Router connects called URLs with the code in the Controller, which
delegates actions
to Manager, which manages the business logic and in turn calls the
configured Driver to
access stored information.

The Controller level may catch raised exceptions from Manager/Driver
[1]; those are the
exceptions defined at exception.py and represent the 4xx and 5xx HTTP
status codes.

When a Controller call to Manager/Driver has success, it may set the
HTTP status code
itself [2] or it will be defined when rendering the WSGI response [3];
those are the 2xx
HTTP status codes.

The 300 HTTP status code is particularly used in version discovery, and
is defined at that
specific manager call in the base Controller class [4].

Sincerely,
Samuel

[1]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/keystone/tree/keystone/identity/backends/sql.py#n130