[openstack-dev] [kolla] gate failing sporadically

Jeff Peeler jpeeler at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 14:38:01 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 03:00:04AM +0000, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
>Hey Folks,
>
>I noticed the Kolla functional gate is failing sporadically.
>
>It seems that sometimes an image doesn’t build.
>
>http://logs.openstack.org/75/186475/1/check/check-kolla-functional-f21/8f23913/console.html

(For the record, due to the compressing of the logs it's best to post
the link to the directory of the logs.)

>One thing that looks off there is barbican is not building a —release
>image (I.e. Tag =atest).  Shouldn’t it?
>
>The other failures I’ve noticed follow the same pattern.  Is there a
>problem in our build scripts?

All the images are handled the same. I didn't see the atest tag you
mentioned, but I see that the latest build did succeed. It appears that
a yum mirror failure was to blame and affected other reviews as well.
Hopefully mirror reliability doesn't become a frequent problem.

I imagine all of this has been figured out, but mailing list posts
without a reply are less useful for the archives.