[openstack-dev] [Zaqar][all] Zaqar will stay... Lots of work ahead

Ryan Brown rybrown at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 14:33:59 UTC 2015

On 06/01/2015 04:34 AM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
> On 31/05/15 18:12 +0000, Ildikó Váncsa wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I would like to ask about the user-facing notifications part of the
>> list. Do you have a roadmap for this? Is this driven by the Zaqar
>> team? What are the next steps?
>
> Hey,
>
> This will require cross-project efforts and we (the Zaqar team) would
> love to get some help here. If anyone is willing to drive the spec and
> sync, the Zaqar team would be happy to help with other tasks.
>
> I think it'd be really beneficial to start doing it in one of the
> services (Heat?) as a PoC, while we discuss the cross-project spec and
> feed it with the things we'll learn from the PoC.
>
> Would you like to help with this?

Indeed it will require tons of cross-project work. Heat is going to try
to get Zaqar notifications to our users in Liberty, and I've posted
specs for the message format side of the problem[1][2]. There is also a
cross-project spec for user notifications[3].

Heat plans on adopting this format after sufficient review, and we
welcome other projects to look over the format and provide feedback to
help it work for their use case as well.

[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186436/
[2]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/186555/
[3]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/185822/

--
Ryan Brown / Software Engineer, Openstack / Red Hat, Inc.