[openstack-dev] [all] [stable] No longer doing stable point releases

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 10:10:50 UTC 2015

On 01/06/15 11:27 +0200, Matthias Runge wrote:
>On 01/06/15 10:29, Flavio Percoco wrote:
>
>>AFAIK, these tarballs are generated on the flight in GH. Couldn't we
>>do the same ?

s/flight/fly+(facepalm)/ LOL, on the *flight* would be really hard.

>The issue with on-the-fly generation is: timestamps are actually new,
>and not the same as when the release was tagged.

Is this a real problem? What are *tarball timestamps* used for in the
packaging world?

I'm sure there's a way we can workaround this issue.

>And: you probably want some hashes to verify, your downloaded tarball
>is actually, what you wanted.

These can be generated as well. You can generate a tarball hash for
each commit and keep it around. The hash shouldn't change if the
tarball is generated on-the-fly. You could actually generate it
on-the-fly as well.

Cheers,
Flavio

--