[openstack-dev] [all] [stable] No longer doing stable point releases

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 08:07:32 UTC 2015

>> One issue is how would we provide source tarballs, statically hosting
>> tarballs for each and every micro version is not realistic, also those
>> wouldn't be signed.
>
> Sorry, but why isn't it realistic, and why wouldn't they be signed?

I thought storage requirements to generate tarball for each commit for
each project is unrealistic but infra could tell.
Re. signing - I was judging from current stable release procedure[*]
where tarballs are manually signed by the release manager before
upload to Launchpad.

Cheers,
Alan

[*] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranchRelease#Upload_The_Release