[openstack-dev] [all] [stable] No longer doing stable point releases

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 00:20:01 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Maish Saidel-Keesing" <maishsk at maishsk.com>
> To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
>
> On 05/29/15 18:25, Matthew Thode wrote:
> > On 05/29/2015 10:18 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> >> What about release notes? How can we now communicate some changes that
> >> require operator consideration or action?
> >>
> >> Ihar

> > for release notes just do git log between commit hashes?
> Do you really think that is what an Operator will do? I do not think is
> a realistic expectation or something that will work.
> --
> Best Regards,
> Maish Saidel-Keesing

While I agree most operators probably don't want to necessarily dig this out of git themselves and it would need to be collated/exposed in a nicer way it seems like it would actually be more accurate than the current "release notes" for all the non-security bug fixes in stable which basically amount to a list of launchpad bug queries per project. You then have to sift through each bug to work out if the description reflects what was actually done etc:

    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/2014.2.3

-Steve