[openstack-dev] Host Aggregate resource pool tracking

Bhandaru, Malini K malini.k.bhandaru at intel.com
Sat Jul 25 22:27:14 UTC 2015

Thanks Jay for covering Host Aggregate Resource Pool tracking at the mid-cycle meetup.
I could see the implementation being very similar to the extensible resource tracker defined today but would like to understand better the value it provides
1) Is it to quickly respond able to honor a scheduling request?
2) Is it to capture some statistics - usage trends, mean/median during the day/week etc for capacity planning?

To determine the actual host in such a pool, weighting conditions still apply ..
If more free resources on a host are weighted higher, we shall spread the workload in the pool, and if the opposite, we shall consolidate workloads on active hosts.

So this deeper dive into the elements of the pool is inescapable.

I could see the use of heuristics instead of checking each of the hosts in the resource pool.

Regards
Malini