[openstack-dev] [CI] Jenkins jobs are not executed when setting up a new CI system.

Zaro zaro0508 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 07:06:12 UTC 2015

That is correctly, the Jenkins UI will not show any info about the gearman
queue.  If job is pending in Jenkins that means it's been added to the
gearman queue and has been moved to the jenkins build queue.  The jenkins
UI will only show the job once it's in the jenkins queue.

Hmm.  What happens when you manually start a build by click on the build
icon in the jenkins UI?  I'm wondering if maybe your labels are configured
correctly for your jobs and slaves.  Are there any labels on the job or the
nodes (master or slaves)? I think the jobs would be in a pending state if
there are labels on nodes and jobs but they do not match.  I would check to
see if there are any labels on the jobs and if there are then I would
remove all of the labels and try again.  There are step by step directions
on how to setup the gearman-plugin in the jenkins wiki[1] which also shows
you how to debug by viewing the gearman server queue and function
registrations.  Try to make sure the functions are registered correctly and
that the job is in the queue after you run the gear-client command.

A couple of questions:
What version of Jenkins are you running?  I think openstack runs on 1.565.3
Also I don't think we've ever tested Jenkins and the gearman server running
on the same machine or VM.  Maybe one thing you can try is to run them on
separate VMs?

[1] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Gearman+Plugin