[openstack-dev] [neutron] What does flavor mean for a network?

Doug Wiegley dougwig at parksidesoftware.com
Wed Jul 15 16:37:02 UTC 2015

> On Jul 15, 2015, at 9:54 AM, Neil Jerram <Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com> wrote:
>
> I've been reading available docs about the forthcoming Neutron flavors framework, and am not yet sure I understand what it means for a network.
>
> Is it a way for an admin to provide a particular kind of network, and then for a tenant to know what they're attaching their VMs to?

Theoretically, anything in neutron can consume the linked flavor info and do something special. Since flavors can be an abstraction of vendor/plugin specific stuff, that means any plugin is free to add flavor support for networks if desired, under the operators control to enable. None is planned for that object at the moment, that I am aware of.

Thanks,
doug